Shakadang Trail Open
Updated：2020-05-25 Viewing Count26k
- Suhua Service Station
- Trail Level
- Scenic Trail
- 60 m
- The length of the trail
- 4100 m
- 1. Visitor can hike from Taroko Naitonal Park Headquarter visitor center to Shakadang tunnel walking on the left side of tunnel. about 380 meters to the east ventilation exit to connect the Xiaozhuilu trail. About hiking 600 meters of Xiaozhuilu trail, the trail will connect to the Shakadang trail beneath the Shakadang bridge.
2. The trail is about 1.5 km one way from Shakadang bridge (trailhead) to 5D Cabin (phonetic sound is Wujianwu) and the round trip is about 3 km/ an hour hike for a round trip. This an hour hike does not include the hike from the Park headquarters to the Xiaozhuilu trail. If you are setting out from Taroko National Park headquarters via Xiaozhuilu trail (1.3km one way), connecting the trailhead of Shakadang trail after completing the Xiaozhuilu trail. One can continue the hike for Shakadang trail.
3. The Shakadang trail is 4.1 km one way. A round trip is about 8.2 km to 3D Cabin (phonetic sound Sanjianwu)/ 3.-4 hour hike for a round trip.
- 03-8621100 ext321、322
- QR Code
- Geographic Code
Shakadang Trail is also known as "Mysterious Valley Trail" and was renamed to "Shakadang Trail" in 2001. This trail is built along the river cliff so travelers can easily observe both the rock folds and plant ecosystem beside in the river valley. After 4.1km you will arrive at 3D Cabin –phonetic sound Sanjianwu, which is the favorite of visitors. After the first curve there is a deep pool with clear water that has enchanted many visitors. In May, it is the season when Tung tree flowers bloom, making the trail a pleasant flower hallway with flowers filling the air like snow flakes.
Shakadang Trail Map
Visitor Center、Service Station、Police Station、Shop、Food and Drink、Public Restroom、Gas station、Parking Lot、Viewing Deck、Exhibition Hall、Bus Station、Accommodation、Message board、Accessibile Restroom、Accessibile Parking
Bus:1. From Hualien Train Station: Take Buses #1126, #1133, #1133A, or #1141, and alight at Shakadang.
2. From Xincheng Train Station: Take Buses #302, #1133, or #1133A, and alight at Shakadang.
3. From Tianxiang: Take Buses #302, #1126, #1133, #1133A, or #1141 (all bound for Hualien or Xincheng), and alight at Shakadang.
Driving:1. From Taroko National Park Headquarters follow the Shakadang tunnel to Shakadang Bridge on Central Cross-Island Highway (Highway 8) westward about 1 km to Shakadang trailhead.