Roads and Trails
- OpenTrail Open.
- OpenTrail Open. Visitors should be reminded that the probability of landslides is amplified following continued/heavy rain. Please pay particular attention to your own safety.
- OpenTrail Open
- ClosedApril 6, 2021 (Tuesday) – May 14, 2021 (Friday) –The entire Shakadang trail will be temporarily closed during this period for the railing renewal projects. Notice to all visitors: After a typhoon or earthquake, the land can change considerably. Please be mindful of your safety. As a result of the unstable riverside, please do not leave the trail to enter the riverbed, closed or warning areas. In order to avoid danger and accidents: swimming, camping, campfires, or river tracing is prohibited. The trail after 5D Cabin- Shanjianwu (1.5 km - 4.1 km) is located in the nature wildness areas. Please stay on the trail. Take care near the cliff face. Watch out for poisonous snakes and hornet.
- Partially OpenPartially Open. (1) Lower Terrace- the Meander Core Trail is open. (2) Buluowan - Swallow Grotto(Yanzikou) Trail (600 m from lower terrace of Buluowan to Provincial Highway 8) is temporarily closed, due to damages of the trail.
- OpenTrail Open. March 30, 2021 (Tuesday) – April 25, 2021 (Tuesday) – During this period, the restroom at Jinheng Park will be temporarily closed for repairs. Mobile toilets will be temporarily erected for tourists at Jinheng Park on the Swallow Grotto (Yanzikou) trail. Due to the recent continued rain, please pay particular attention to your own safety, and consider bringing a hard hat (borrowable at Xipan Service Station at 177.9 km on Provincial Highway 8 at no cost).
- OpenTrail Open. Due to the recent continued rain, please pay particular attention to your own safety.
- Partially OpenPartially Open. Lushui trailhead opens to 500 meter; Heliu trailhead opens to 1 km point to the Commemorating Spirits Monument. For the above trail both direction sections, please take the same route doubleback. The trail cliff section is closed, due to the serious landslides. Please do NOT enter for your safety.
- Openopen. (A) Please enter the Tunnel at km 168.1 on the Provincial Highway 8. (The Baiyang trail is about 4.2 km a round trip/1.5-2 hrs from the trailhead to Shuiliandong (Water Curtain Cave). Please return via the same route. (B) There are no restrooms on this trail; visitors are able to find restrooms at the Baiyang Parking Lot (at 166.5 km on the Provincial Highway 8) or Tianxiang area. There is a risk of rockfall on this trail. Please pay particular attention to your safety, and consider bringing a hard hat (borrowable at Xipan Service Station at 177.9 km on Provincial Highway 8 at no cost) and a flashlight and a rain gear are required for tunnels along this trail.