Huoran Pavilion Trail Partially Open
Updated：2021-01-11 Viewing Count7673
- Tianxiang Service Station
- Trail Level
- Hiking Trail
- 915 m
- The length of the trail
- 500 m
- Needed Time
- 1. Due to the severe collapse caused by typhoons in past years, the section of the trail open to the public is only 500 m downwards from the western entrance of Huoran Pavilion. If you walk to a closed section, please return via the same route.
2. As the trail is steep, please evaluate your physical condition before hiking.
3. Restrooms are only available in Tianxiang, with none along the way.
- QR Code
- Geographic Code
After driving from Tianxiang to Huitouwan for 8 km upwards, you will see a vast view. The Chinese-style pavilion on the way is Huoran Pavilion, which is situated at an altitude of 1,000 m and provides a great panoramic view. From here, you can overlook layers of mountains and river terraces. If you look in the direction of Tianxiang, you will see Liwu River meandering between Mt. Sanjiaozhui and Mt. Ta. On your left, you will see Xibao river terraces. If you look down along the steep ridgeline from the lookout pavilion, you will see Wahei’er River and Taci Jili River converge, and on the left, you will see the rushing Dasha River.
Perched aloft, Huoran Pavilion can grasp every movement of the tribes in Tianxiang (used to be called Tabiduo) and easily monitor Xibao, Paomachang (“racecourse”), and neighboring mountain areas. Thus, the place was an important strategic location during the Japanese colonial period. Back then, the Japanese troops built a fort here as well, which was located on the high platform right across from Huoran Pavilion, divided by the highway. Now, a tablet is erected here with four-character inscription “Yun Ting Yuan Tiao (Overlook from Yun Pavilion).”
Viewing Deck、Bus Station
Bicycle:As many big vehicles pass through the neighboring roads, please pay extra attention to the traffic safety.
Bus:1. From Hualien Station, take a Hualien Bus bound for Luoshao-1126 (served one bus daily) or Lishan-1141 (served one bus daily) and alight at Huoran Pavilion Stop.
2. Please consult News > FAQ on our website. https://www.taroko.gov.tw/en/Event/FAQ “ Transportation: Where can I purchase day passes for buses to Taroko National Park?.”
Driving:To get to Huoran Pavilion, drive westbound from Taroko through Xibao via Central Cross-Island Highway (Provincial Highway 8).