1. Heliu Campground
This is located (at km 171.4K on the highway no. 8) opposite the eastern entrance of Lüshui Trail. It has water, and lighting and 12 wooden platform tent spaces, toilets (with cold water showers), and washstands. The fee per wooden platform space per day is NT$300. Its operation is outsourced by the park. Telephone number: 03-8691359. No tent for rental, please bring your own tent. No hot water provided, only cold water shower.
- • Heliu Campground 16.5km/25 minutes by car from the east entrance of Taroko Gorge and the Park headquarters/half an hour by bus or by car. Heliu Campground Take the stairways down to campground from the Central Cross-Island highway (Provincial Highway No.8).
- • The campground is between Cimu Bridge(motherely Devotion Bridge) and Lüshui Geological Exhibition Hall. It's only about 300 meters up, westwards, from Cimu bridge, and about 500 meters down, eastwards, from Lushui Geological Exhibition Hall. B
- • There are buses available running by Hualien bus company and Taroko bus company heading to Tianxiang everyday. Check our website for details: please click Tourism Information/Transportation/Timetable- Hualien bus or 302 Shuttle bus schedule. Visitors are suggested to have their own vehicles (scooters or cars), and heading west from Taroko along the Central Cross-Island Highway around 16.5km.
- • Room for 12 wooden platform big tents (each big tent = 10 persons tent)
- • No need to make reservations. It serves "first comes, first served." If there are four days National Holidays in a row, booking are available for the 6 wooden platform tent spaces. The other 6 wood platform tent spaces are served as "first comes, first served basis. In case there is more than 4 days (included) national holidays, the room of the 12 wooden platform tent spaces(each big tent= 10 persons tent, with a raised plank) have been occupied, the fee for each occupied tent will be charged NT$200. The red brick and earth areas are allowed for 28 tents (12 wooden platform tent spaces +28 other spaces at the campsite, altogether 40 tents in a day). No more than 40 tents daily.
- • The area only has parking space for a few cars(7 or 8 cars only).
- • If there is any lights broken or facilities damage at the campground, please call 886-3-8691466, 886-3-8691162
- • The park is open the whole year -the Central Cross-Island Highway is the main highway viewing the marble gorge part of the park. Visitor centers opening hours should be checked. Please check the opening hours for each visitor center in our English website at the "Regulations" sections's "opening hours".
2. Lushui campgrouond
1.6 km east from Tianxiang, 900m west from Heliu, open 24 hours a day. The floor of the campgroumd is earth and grass, it has water and lighting. It has no tent platforms or showers. The toilet of Lushui Lower Terrace Exhibition Hall or toilet next to the Lushui Geological Exhibition Hall can be used. No booking is required and use is free of charge.