Updated：2021-01-28 Viewing Count5545
- Buluowan Service Station
- Recreation Zone
- Buluowan Recreation Area
- 1100 m
- Currently only 3.1 km(6.2 km for a round trip/5.5-6 hrs walking time required ) of the trail is open to hikers. Starting from Zhuilu Suspension Bridge, the trail leads to the Cliff Outpost, where hikers must doubleback to the trail entrance in order to exit. Due to the unique characteristics of the Zhuilu Old Road, entrance is limited per day to 96 people on weekdays and 156 people on weekends and holidays. Visitors are required to apply for a park entry permit in compliance with the rules for applying for park entry. If you would like to visit the trail, please apply for a park entry permit from Taroko National Park Headquarters: http://npm.cpami.gov.tw/
Park entry permit application phone number: 03-8621576
Park entry permit email: email@example.com
If a typhoon or other natural disaster occurs, the trail will be closed and permits for the closed period will be automatically invalidated. Please apply for a new permit once the trail is reopened.
*Please note: A park entry permit required and ticket must be obtained prior to entering the trail. 7:00am -10:00am entry this trail. Please purchase tickets at the Xipan Service station. Full priced tickets are NT$200, discounted tickets for children age 6-12 are NT$100 and children under age 6 are free of charge.
- QR Code
- Geographic Code
Geology and Geography
Zhuilu Cliff and Fuji Cliff are both composed of marble. As the land keeps rising, the powerful downcutting and erosion by Liwu River through the southeastern ridge of Mt. Sanjiaozhui, left crumble-resistant marble mostly intact and creating the precipitous cliffs.
[Zhuilu Old Road]
Zhuilu Old Road is located 300m to 400m above Zhuilu Cliff. There is a small path which was the only path available before the construction of Central Cross-Island Highway. The trail begins at Swallow Grotto East Trailhead and ends at Heliu Cimu Bridge with a distance of 10.3 km but the Zhuilu Old Road is only open to 3.1 km (from the Swallow Grotto east trailhead to the cliff (Duanyai) outpost. Visitors have to take the same route back. A Park Entry Permit for this trail is required 1-30 days prior to your requested date.
The flat and smooth section of the trail located at an elevation of 750m is the quint essential feature, allowing hikers to overlook a magnificent view of the gorge. Currently, the full length of the trail is not open to the public due to partial road collapse.
Bicycle:As many big vehicles pass through the neighboring roads, please pay extra attention to the traffic safety.
Bus:1. From Hualien Station, take buses- TaiwanTrip Ubus 310 or Hualien Bus 1133 bound for Tianxiang, or Luoshao-1126 (served one bus daily) or Lishan-1141 (served one bus daily), and alight at Swallow Grotto (Yanzikou).
2. From Xincheng Station, take Taroko Bus 302 or take an Ubus 310 or Hualien Bus 1133 bound for Tianxiang, and alight at Swallow Grotto (Yanzikou).
3. From Taroko National Park Headquarters Visitor Center: Take buses TaiwanTrip Ubus 310, or Hualien Bus #1133, or #1126, or #1141 or take a Taroko Bus 302 bound for Tianxaing, Luoshao, or Lishan and alight at Swallow Grotto (Yanzikou).
4. From Tianxiang: Take a Hualien Bus #1133, #1126, #1141 bound for Hualien station. Or take a 302 Taroko Bus bound for Xincheng station, or take a Hualien Bus #1133 or TaiwanTrip Ubus #310 bound for Xincheng or Hualien train station and alight at the east trailhead of Swallow Grotto (Yanzikou).
5. Please consult News > FAQ on our website. https://www.taroko.gov.tw/en/Event/FAQ “ Transportation: Where can I purchase day passes for buses to Taroko National Park?.”
6. Bus schedules are available from #iBus Info System, and please check Route Search/ Search by Bus Operator Ubus #310, or Hualien Bus 1133, 1126, 1141, or Taroko Bus 302.
Driving:Head west on the Central Cross-Island Highway. Taroko is approx. 860 m after exiting from the Xipan Tunnel.
Parking**Suggestion: No parking available at east trailhead of Swallow Grotto(Yanzikou)-the same trailhead as Old Zhuilu Road. If you arrive by motorcycle or car, be sure to park at Xipan service station (walk 1 km west of Xipan helmet check in/out service station, you will arrive at the trailhead).