Roads and Trails
- OpenTrail Open: Visitors should be reminded that the probability of landslides is amplified following continuous/heavy rain. Please pay particular attention to your own safety.
- Partially OpenPartially Open Daqishui and Chongde North Opening restrooms (on Provincial Highway 9) will be under renovation from 16 October 2019 to 22 January 2020 (before Chinese New Year). There will be restrooms provided temporarily for tourists. Visitors should be reminded that the probability of landslides is amplified following continuous/heavy rain. Please pay particular attention to your own safety.
- OpenTrail Open
- OpenTrail Open
- Partially OpenTrail Partially Open: (1) Buluowan the Upper Terrace Trail and Buluowan Lower Terrace- the Meander Core Trail are open. (2) Buluowan - Swallow Grotto(Yanzikou) Trail (600 m from Buluowan to Provincial Highway 8) is temporarily closed, due to the construction on the Shanyue Suspension Bridge.
- OpenTrail Open Due to the Rockfall Prevention Shelter Construction Work, the Swallow Grotto trail still presents potential risk. Visitors are advised to alight their vehicle 600 meters from the trailhead at Jinheng Park. From Jinheng Park, hike west to reach Fuji Cliff. From there, get picked up or doubleback and return to the location of their vehicle. The bus stop is located at the east trailhead of Swallow Grotto trail. For safety, please drive slowly and turn on your vehicle’s front lights. Please follow the on-site traffic control personnel’s direction. Please borrow a hard hat for free from the Xipan check in/check out Service Station at 179.3km on Provincial Highway 8. Note: Visitors who are arriving by bus should follow Yanzikou Tunnel to Ludan Bridge then turn right at the ventilation of Jinheng Tunnel (the second tunnel from the east) to connect to the Swallow Grotto trail and hike to the west end of the trail. Visitors must doubleback and return to the bus stop via the same route.
- OpenTrail Open: Due to the continued rain, please pay extra attention to safety.
- Partially OpenTrail Partially Open: Lushui trailhead opens to 500 meter; Heliu trailhead opens to 1 km point to the Commemorating Spirits Monument. For the above trail both direction sections, please take the same route doubleback. The trail cliff section is closed, due to the serious landslides. Please do NOT enter for safety.
- Openopen: (A) Please enter the Tunnel at km 168.6 on the Provincial Highway 8 (Baiyan trail is about 2.1 km/1.5-2 hrs from the trailhead to Shuilian Tunnel (Water Curtain Cave). Please take the same route back. (B) There are no public toilets on this trail; visitors are able to find public facilities at the Baiyang Parking Lot or Tianxiang Recreation Area. There is a risk of rockfall on this trail. Please pay particular attention to your own safety, and consider bringing a hard hat (borrowable at Xipan Service Station at 179.3 km on Provincial Highway 8 at no cost) and a flashlight and a rain gear for tunnels along this trail.
- Openopen: Visitors should be reminded that the probability of landslides is amplified following continuous/heavy rain. Please pay particular attention to your own safety.