Prohibited Activities Regulations in the Domain of Taroko National Park
The penalty for violating the regulations is a fine from NTD600~3000.
Amended and promulgated by Order Tai-Nei-Ying-Zi No.1080809067 of the Ministry of the Interior on June 20, 2019, by amending Regulation 17; effective on the date of promulgation
- Any display, sale, transport, or collection of animals, plants, ores, and their specimens or derived products which are illegally hunted or collected is prohibited.
- Shotguns, cables, nets, clips, cages, batteries, poison, and other hunting equipment capable of capturing, hunting, harming, or poisoning wildlife are prohibited from entering the National Park.
- Peddling, the erection of stalls, or the engagement in performance activities without permission or authorization is prohibited.
- Earth filling, land leveling, or dumping of soil and rocks is prohibited.
- Establishment of votive offering facilities or graves, posting of advertisements and mobile advertisements, hanging or placement of trail markings, or other facilities that disturb the landscape is prohibited.
- Creating a disturbance, lighting campfires, cooking, barbecuing, grass boarding, swimming, river tracing, rock climbing, camping, erecting tents, playing or using speakers, operating remote-controlled machinery, and other similar activities are prohibited outside of designated areas.
- Littering plastic bottles, polystyrene, other plastic or metal products, food waste, and other objects and trash not compostable or biodegradable is prohibited.
- Lighting firecrackers, fireworks, joss paper, and other objects which could disturb public safety is prohibited.
- Careless parking which could disrupt traffic within the National Park is prohibited.
- Destruction of public property and facilities is prohibited.
- Feeding wildlife or releasing, abandoning animals is prohibited.
- Entry into areas publically prohibited from entry or entry into Zhuilu Old Road without prior permission is prohibited.
- It is prohibited to bring pets into the Ecological Protection Area, the Historical Preservation Area, or the Special Landscape Area (with the exception of along the highway).
- Changing and altering authorized routes, itinerary, and campgrounds upon entering the Ecological Protection Area is prohibited with the exception of emergency evacuation.
- Entry into closed trails within the National Park, or straying from routes of open trails, is prohibited.
- Establishment of memorial plaques or other monumental facilities without authorization is prohibited.
- Political activities and actions with the potential to cause social disputes or conflict are prohibited.